From 2020 the annual cost for boarders is $12,500.00
Casual boarders (maximum 3 nights per week) pay $75 per night. This includes dinner on the first night and breakfast and lunch following the last night and all meals in between.
A one-off bond payment of $750 is required for each student at all year levels at the beginning of their first year. This will be held in trust for the duration of the students’ boarding at Pōto College House and will be refunded upon request should there be no damage incurred by the student on hostel property, and annual costs are paid in full each year.
The payment of hostel costs is to be in advance, by automatic payment or payment in full.
An initial one-off deposit equivalent to four weeks of hostel costs is to be paid on acceptance of admission into the hostel (new enrolments).
Students withdrawn after acceptance of admission, and not giving the required ten weeks’ notice will forfeit the deposit.
The remaining costs may be paid either:
- By payment in full – total costs paid by 1st March. This method attracts a 2.5% discount.
- By weekly, fortnightly or monthly automatic payment instalments between February and October.
- An account will be sent in February or at admission, with statements each month.
- Parent/Caregivers are to supply an automatic payment authority to the Board Office by 15th February or on admission.
- Parent/Caregivers are liable for all costs incurred with debt collection for any unpaid accounts.
- Non-payment of costs may result in the student being removed from the hostel.
- Only selected Bursaries and Grants credited directly to Pōto College House Trust (Government Boarding Bursary/Allowance) can be deducted once written documentation of eligibility is received.
- Withdrawal from the Hostel requires written notification of ten weeks. Failure to do so will incur a maximum ten-week hostel cost payment, in lieu of notice. Waiver of this cost is at the discretion of the Pōto College House Trust Board, on written request from the debtor.
Reviewed: October 2019